Complete resource guide to Connecticut Taxes.
|Connecticut Personal Income Tax||CT DRS|
|Tax Assistance (Inside CT)||800-382-9463|
|Forms and Instructions||Forms|
|Residents Tax Forms||CT-1040|
|Party Year and Nonresidents Tax Forms||CT-1040NR/PY|
|IRS Tax Refund Check||IRS Tax Refund Status|
|CT Tax Refund Check||CT Tax Refund Status|
|CT Tax Refund Assistance||860-297-5962|
|CT Unemployment||CT Unemployment|
|CT Income Tax Due Date||April 15|
|CT Income Tax Extension||Form 1040EXT or IRS Form 4868|
|Connecticut Business Taxes|
|CT Dept of Revenue – Sales Tax||CT Sales Tax|
|CT Withholding Tax||CT Withholding Taxes|
|CT Dept of Labor||CT Unemployment Insurance Tax|
Connecticut Tax Filing Requirements
- Had Connecticut income tax withheld
- Made estimated tax payments
- Meet the gross income test
- Are claiming the Connecticut Earned Income Tax Credit.
|Connecticut Tax Filing Required if||Gross Income Exceeds|
|Married Filing Jointly||$24000|
|Married Filing Separately||$12000|
|Head of House||$19000|
Connecticut State income tax ranges from 3% to 6.99% for the current tax year.
Connecticut Income Tax Forms
- Form CT-1040,Connecticut Resident Income Tax Return.
- Schedule CT-EITC, Connecticut Earned Income Tax Credit.
- Form CT-1040NR/PY, Connecticut Nonresident and Part-Year Resident Income Tax Return.
- Schedule CT-SI, Nonresident or Part-Year Resident Schedule of Income From Connecticut Sources.
- Schedule CT-1040AW, Part-Year Resident Income Allocation.
- Schedule CT-1040BA, Nonresident Business Apportionment Schedule.
Connecticut Income Tax Brackets
|CT Tax Bracket||Single/MFS||Head of House||MFJ|
|6.99%||500001 and over||800000 and over||1000000 and over|
Connecticut Income Tax Extension:
Connecticut allows an automatic extension to October 15 if no additional tax is due and if a federal extension request is filed. If additional tax is due, file Form CT-1040 EXT, Application for Extension of Time to File Connecticut Income Tax Return for Individuals, to request an extension to October 15.
Extension mailing addresses: Form CT-1040 EXT (No Payment) Department of Revenue Services, P.O. Box 2976, Hartford, CT 06104-2976 Form CT-1040 EXT (With Payment) Department of Revenue Services, P.O. Box 2977, Hartford, CT 06104-2977
Tax Forms and Payment Mailing Address
Tax forms with payment Department of Revenue Services P.O. Box 2977 Hartford, CT 06104-2977 Tax forms without payment Department of Revenue Services P.O. Box 2976 Hartford, CT 06104-2976 Form CT-1040V Payment Voucher Department of Revenue Services e-File payment voucher P.O. Box 2921 Hartford, CT 06104-2921
Connecticut Estimated Tax Information
An underpayment penalty may apply if the balance due is $1,000 or more. The required annual payment is the lesser of:
- 90% of the income tax shown on the current CT tax return, or
- 100% of the income tax shown on the previous CT tax return, assuming that return covered a 12-month period.
|CT Estimated Payment Period||Due Date|
|1st Quarter (January – March)||April 15|
|2nd Quarter (April – June)||June 15|
|3rd Quarter (July – September)||September 15|
|4th Quarter (October – December)||January 15|
Connecticut Estimated Tax Payment Mailing Address:
Form CT-1040ES Department of Revenue Services P.O. Box 2932 Hartford, CT 06104-2932