Is Unemployment Insurance Income Taxable?

I received unemployment benefit from the state when I was laid off. Is the unemployment money taxable?

Answer: Yes, unemployment money is treated as income and has to be reported on your tax return. The state unemployment division will also send 1099-G form to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

You can log in to the state unemployment website to retrieve your 1099-G to file your income tax. Alternatively, you can call to get unemployment tax information. We don’t recommend calling as it’s nearly impossible to get a hold of a live person on the phone.

(Visited 8 times, 1 visits today)

Was this article helpful?

Related Articles